Bring a Companion on the River this Season
The Paddler’s Companion
Our online stock of Paddler’s Companions is sold out. Please stay tuned while we work to update the maps and print more.
For now, you may find the Paddler’s Companion at one of our Southeast Michigan Retail Partners. We recommend calling ahead to check inventory.
- 28 beautiful color maps in an easy flip book format
- Durable, waterproof pages with rounded corners and a spiral ring binding
- Index maps to all 104 river miles/167.4 kilometers
- Map Key detailing amenities, hazards, and more
- Distances between access points
- Launches, liveries and canoe campgrounds
- Distances and float times for more than ten select trips
- Highlights, places to go, events and history for each of the five Trail Towns (Milford, Dexter, Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti and Flat Rock)
New to the Third Edition!
- A table of contents and page numbers for easy use
- Recommendations for a five-day paddle-through with options for camping
- Latitude and longitude coordinates for all launches
The Huron River is one of the most popular paddling and fly-fishing destinations in Michigan, and Ann Arbor is home to the busiest canoe livery in the state. The Paddler’s Companion is an essential guide for your trip on the river.